Holy Rosary Parish
The good news is out: we are
reopening our churches in the diocese on July4/5th. The first Mass at
Holy Rosary will be on Saturday, July 4th, 2020 at 4:15 p.m. The daily Mass schedule will be announced at the
I met last week with the Parish
Pastoral Council and the Liturgy Committee to review the Diocesan
Guidelines for Safe Reopening of our Churches and to make arrangements
to implement them at Holy Rosary. We, first of all, wish to assure you
that Holy Rosary will be a safe and welcoming environment for you,
however, we must all be conscious of each others' well being and
cooperate in the following guidelines:
1) Physical distancing 2m(6 ft) is to be strictly maintained.
2) Wearing a mask is highly recommended
3) There will be sanitizers at the Church entrance.
4) Seating will be staggered--every
third pew. Families may sit together. Individuals may sit in an
already occupied pew if social distancing is observed. Parishoners
should avoid sitting next to the main aisle.
5) All pews, the tops and sides of the pews will be wiped with a sanitizing agent after each Mass.
6) There will be music during Mass but we are encouraged NOT to sing! to avoid spread of our droplets.
7) The washroom should be used only when absolutely necessary.
8) Communion will be received in the
hand. The communicant will stand at the designated spot, will respond
Amen to the Body of Christ and then proceed to the Eucharistic Minister.
9) At the end of Mass persons ought to leave the building beginning with those at the back.
10) A basket will be placed at the exit for the Sunday offerings.
Recently, Pope Francis said: the
pandemic is like a storm laying bare illusions that people can be self
sufficient and instead finds "all of us fragile and disoriented and
needing each other's help and comfort." I hope that our worship on the
weekend and at daily Mass
will be life giving as we break open the Word of God and are fed by the Body of Christ.